Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pro Contra when you buy your pool equiments / sports equipments

Some people told me "You're wasting so much money on your pool cue, bla bla, etc..." Some people told me "If you love the game, why not? You're only buying a good one and it will last very long."

Well, in my opinion, i really love the game and i believe in order to improve or play more consistently, i should have the proper equipment that i can count on.
Pool cue is an investment to me, i mean long term investment. I believe 90% (practice, love of the game, talents, & experience) comes from the player, the rest is equipment. But do you agree that 10% can make a lot of different in the game, that 10% can kill your game as well. That is what i believe in. I have more confident when i play with my own cue, when i have the proper equipment and so on. I feel the difference and i feel the improvement. I feel the game, my game is getting better and better.

Just listen to yourself when you wanna make a decision before buying a cue, cos it happened to me as well. You can ask for opinions but the decision should come from you, yourself, not anyone else.

Just a little simple example, if you have a jump cue (most importantly you can do a jump shot with it) and your opponent don't have one. When you are in that situation where you can win by one jump shot away, and imagine you don't have that jump cue. That is the 10% i'm talking about, that little 10% can bring glory and the other way around.

Another simple example, Break cue, the reason why a pool player should have a break cue is avoiding breaking with playing cue. The big impact from breaking can cause mushrooming to your cue tip (flatten the tip shape) or damage your playing shaft. I'm sure you don't want to miss a shot because of that, and that's the reason why break cue are made for. It also can bring your game to another level (with a good start which is a good break). Believe me, all these things are made for a reason, and that's another 10% that can change the whole story line.

If Roger Federrer is that good, why he doesn't want to use a cheap tennis racquet (say a $40 racquet) and play Rafael Nadal who uses the best damn racquet? Don't be bias about the sponsorships, money, or whatever bullshits you wanna come out with, Roger has a reason for using that good racquet to help him plays even better besides the money & endorsement etc etc. If he can't play well, can he get a sponsorships?

I simply don't agree with people who don't believe in these kinda things, i had spoken to a few people about sports equipments and they just simply corrected me that it was not the equipment that matters, it was the player, but i respect them tho'. You will know when you're taking any sports more seriously (sorry, you will know when you're on that level), that's when you believe in these things and agree with me.

No comments: